Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 28 July 2013

More Moors

Over the past two or three weeks I've been steadily beavering through another unit of Berber Spear and Bow for my El Cid Almohavids. and today I managed to finish off the bases. At the same time I also painted up a Imam to give my troops religious guidance and inspiration. As usual, I have stuck with the restricted pallet and concentrated on White and Blue, with a small amount of Gold and Black.

This now takes me up to five units of 21 Berber Spearmen plus 7 Berber Archers, one unit of nine Berber Cavalry, plus four Characters.

The aim was to get these painted in time to field a 3500pt Warhammer Ancient Battles army at Colours in September, and I now have easily enough painted to field a Late Berber list with Spanish Allies (from my Christian Spanish).

All the figures are from the Gripping Beast Moorish range.

A few pictures of the Berber infantry:






 The Imam:

It's now getting to be quite a force:



My daughters boyfriend also took a few close ups with his 'posh'camera, they really show up the shonky 'speed painting' I did on these.











9 comments:

  1. Very nice regiment, Paul. They do look like a cohesive unit by tying in the blues and gold, yet still appear irregular. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree these look great. The highlighting and the vibrant blue will make them really stand out on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue is absolutely outstanding. I like the look of your moors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chaps, it's based off of Vallejo Model Colour Intense Blue with a couple of highlights mixing with VMC Sky Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic - very worthy of gracing any table, Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All very nice indeed. Great looking units! Impressive group photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOOPS! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Gripping Beast Moors are stunning! The white and blue combination is striking.

    ReplyDelete