Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Holiday Cottage Painting update day 4

Up with the lark again this morning and by 06:30 I was having a cup of tea and starting to repaint the light grey on those Mk VI lights - it was looking a bit too blue.

After re-doing the light grey it was straight on to putting the highlights on another batch of Moroccans.



 At the same time I did the base-coats on another batch, I figured if I intend to have the whole platoon painted by the end of the week, I'd have to up my game, so I moved on to a batch of five figures this time.


Victoria was soon up so I made her a cup of tea and then prepared breakfast and it was out on our sight-seeing for the day. We would go look up King Arthur at Tintagel Castle.



The weather was excellent - I cannot believe it is February! And, the views from Tintagel Island are stunning, from our vantage point I got some great action shots of the waves crashing against the cliffs.


 Back down the hundreds of steps cut into the cliff face then a long drag up the hill to Tintagel Village and it was time for an ice cream. Yes, in February I know!

We then went on to the picturesque village of Port Isaac and had tea and cake in a lovely tea-room in an old school-house.

Back to the cottage and on to the job in hand. The five Moroccans that I had base-coated and sepia washed this morning were given the highlight treatment.


And another five were base-coated and washed, these includes the Sargento Primero .


Quite a productive day, I also started the base-coat on another group - six this time including the Caid and the Teniente. I'll finish the base-coats off and give a sepia wash after dinner.


4 comments:

  1. Far too quick for my liking... stop it!! :>)

    Great looking stuff and a really effective way of painting good quality mini's.

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Darrell, hopefully coming to a battle report soon.

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to it!

      Darrell.

      Delete
  2. That's what a bit of fresh air does for you!

    ReplyDelete