Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

Copyright © 2011-2024, Paul Scrivens-Smith

All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the creator.

Sunday 29 October 2017

American Civil War: Union (4)


This weeks update on this project sees another dozen infantrymen join the Union forces. I've had a few early mornings this week so was able to get cracking on with them.

For this batch I wanted to add a little variety to the force so have painted about half of them in the wrong trousers, mixing in a few 'early-war' dark blues and some also in greys. 


I used my usual method of basecoat, was and highlights, the palette is covered in more detail here.

There are just sixteen more Union infantry on the painting table and all have paint on them and are at one step or another of my production line, hopefully next weeks post shall see the Union completed and a group shot done, then I can move onto painting some Rebels for them to stick it to!

Here are a few close-ups of some of the individual figures.





At the 'Derby Worlds' earlier this month I picked up a couple of dials from the nice chaps at Warbases so that I can track the Force Morale in our Sharp Practice games that I plan to use this collection for. The disk at the top is steel so that I can mount a suitable figure on as shown in the second image.



No comments:

Post a Comment